Colombia Nestor Lasso Hot Thermal Shock Washed Aji B
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
Looking to buy larger quantities? Check out our wholesales section.
Shipping with UPS
With UPS we can guarantee a fast and professional delivery service that makes sure you get your coffee fresh.
Shipping with Post Nord
For international shipping: Once PostNord has shipped your coffee out of Sweden they hand it over to the destination country's national post service.
If you have special delivery instructions or requests, please leave a note in your cart before checkout.
Coffee: Hot Thermal Shock Washed Bourbon Aji B by the producer Nestor Lasso.
"It's an honor to get to work with this coffee. Nestor Lasso quickly became world-famous in 2022 when his Sidra variety was used to win the World Barista Championship. Now we have the privilege to roast for you his Aji B, an Ethiopian landrace variety that has undergone an anaerobic fermentation and a hot water thermal shock washed process revealing layers of complexity and stunning flavor clarity" / Alexander
The coffee is grown in Colombia at the farm El Diviso in the region of Huila. The growing altitude for this specific lot is 1750 masl. and the coffee trees are shade grown under native fruit trees.
- Manual harvesting of ripe cherries
- Selection of cherries by floats
- Anaerobic fermentation in a plastic bag for 24-32 hours at a temperature of 16°-17°
- Pulping in tolba for oxidation for 6 hours
- Capture of cherry leachate
- The coffee is fermented with the cerea leachate for 28-32 hours
- Wash with hot water to remove mucilage (thermal shock)
- Drying in a canopy for 16-25 days depending on the weather
Taste description: Jasmine aroma, notes of juniper, raspberry, oolong tea, silky mouthfeel, exceptional acidity and stunning structure.
Always fresh: This item contains 100 grams divided into 2 x 50 grams of whole beans roasted, packed and shipped on demand for maximum freshness.